- 1 Quality Checkpoints in Garment Production Necessity
- 2 How Defects come in Garments?
- 3 Quality Checkpoints in a Garment Factory:
Quality Checkpoints in Garment Production Necessity
Quality checkpoints in Garments play a vital role for both buyers and sellers. A lot of people and machines work together to turn materials into usable goods.
Product quality is the silent ambassador of any Garment. Buyers are always looking for quality products.
That’s why quality production assessment requires a scientific approach. That’s why the garments have to be careful at every step of production.
The necessity of Quality Controls in Garment Production for Buyers:
- Reduce Hassles and Efforts
- Get quality garments products
- Consume Appropriate Value of Their Money
The necessity of Quality Controls in Garment Production for Sellers:
- Build Reputed Brands
- Save Time and Money
- Build Recurring Buyers
For building long-term relationships, maintaining the quality of garments is a must. With quality products, garments can build goodwill and brand value.
But it is not so easy to maintain standard quality for all items. Professional and reputed garments always rectify their defective products before supply the products.
You need to know about the quality checkpoints to get the most out of the process. Before learning about the checkpoints, let’s examine “How defects come in garments?”
How Defects come in Garments?
You may wonder know the importance of the tropic – “How defects come in garments?”
More than one person and objects work together to produce garments. Besides, they use different types of raw materials to operate the production process.
There are three major causes of defects come in garments:
- Low-quality materials
- Faulty machines
- Human intervention
Low-quality materials often lead to defective products. Besides, the faulty machines can produce defective products too.
Besides, human intervention may responsible for some cases of defective products.
To cope with the defects and their consequences, quality checkpoints helps a lot.
In this process, garment companies can drop low-quality material in the initial stages. It saves a lot of time and production costs.
At the end of each step, quality control people assess the quality of items. Then they pass those in the next steps.
Low-quality raw materials and faulty machines lead to difficulties in the long run. So it is very important to take the necessary steps from the very beginning.
Quality Checkpoints in a Garment Factory:
Let’s have a look at department wise quality checkpoints:
The quality control process starts here. Here authorized people to check the quality of fabrics. They generally check these fabrics on a flat table or fabric checking machine. Sometimes, they use a light box on the table. Often they use 4 point system to measure the quality level of incoming fabrics. After checking fabrics here, they pass them to the cutting section.
Trims & Accessory:
Trims & Accessory process works beyond the standard measurements. Here experts do research to improve the quality of materials. They may do color or another material matching etc. It is one of the most important parts of quality control.
Printing is another crucial part of quality control. But it is not a mandatory part of quality control. Most often experts examine this printing in fabrics store.
But knit garment authorized people often do it in cut panels. They check print placement, color, misprint, or overlapping or shade variation, etc.
They have to be very careful before issuing cuttings to the sewing department.
Cutting is the most essential part of quality control. Industry experts labeled it as the heart of the production. In the cutting section, experts check a lot of things. They often examine:
- Cut parts
- Bundles etc.
Though it is not a mandatory part, reputed garments pay attention here too. Before issuing to sewing, experts examine its quality to produce modern garment products.
The era of the sewing section is quite large. Experts have to do different activities to complete this part of quality control. Those are:
- Inline Inspection: Generally, big garments do line inspections. Here experts check items from the production line. Then pass those in the next step.
- Roaming inspection: Here, experts pick random items from the production and check their quality.
- Traffic Light System: A lot of garments are using traffic light systems nowadays. Here each operator holds a card to examine the production units. At first, they pick random items from the production. Then they examine the quality. According to the results, they use the green or red card there. These cards hold signal for the next part of the quality control.
- End line inspection: Here at the end of the process, experts check 100% of the unit quality. It is very important to maintain good quality products.
- Audit of Checked Units: Very few garment companies audit the checked production units. But it is an essential step. By checking those units, they can increase the safety of quality production. This step assures actual unit quality before sending it to the finishing department.
Like the sewing section, the area of the finishing department is quite large. Experts have to do different activities to complete this part of quality control. Those are:
- Initial Inspection: Experts do the initial inspection before sending it to the ultimate finishing rooms.
- Final Inspection: Here experts check units again. Then they pass those to folding, tagging, and packing sections.
- Internal audit: After packing the production units, the experts audit those again. By doing these, garment companies ensure a quality product. This also great value to the buyers.
We have already learned about different steps of quality control works. Every step has its own criteria to judge the production. By following those criteria, a garment company can build a reputed brand.
At Dony, you’re more than just a number on our sales page. You’re a lifelong friend that we want and are treated as such.
We believe in building lifelong relationships with our clients so we can do business together in the long term.
Our dedicated team works tirelessly to provide a service that’s second to none.
Henry Pham (Pham Quang Anh), CEO of DONY Garment
This year, we have found that many international buyers are seeking new suppliers based in nations outside of China and Thailand to purchase many goods and products, including uniforms, workwear, reusable cloth face mask, and protective clothing.
At DONY Garment, we are proud to welcome international customers, especially those based in the US, Canada, the Middle East, and the EU market to discover the professional production line at our factory in Vietnam.
We guarantee our products are of the highest quality, at an affordable cost, and easy to transport across the world.