Parents always want to give their children the best opportunities for development, entertainment, and health.Young children have less resistance than adults, and their skin, in particular, is extremely sensitive.
Your angels have environmentally sensitive skin, so you cannot expose them to inappropriate and irritating fabrics, which will greatly affect their skin. If your children wear fabrics that are not suitable for their sensitive skin, it will cause their skin to become red and irritated.
It can be seen that the choice of fabric to produce children’s clothes is extremely important for the health and comprehensive development of the children. The following article will be the most complete list of fabrics suitable for the production of kidswear.
1 Silk fabric
Silk fabrics are also known as “natural fabrics” because 100% of their components are woven from the silk of chemically degraded butterfly larvae originating from China, Japan, and Korea.
All the above fabric production processes are carried out by hand at the moment: raising silkworms, taking cocoons, collecting silk, and going to the stage of making silk. The whole process is completely without the intervention of any kind of machinery, equipment, or chemicals, so it is extremely suitable for clothes for people with sensitive skin, especially kidswear.
Besides, because it is made from natural silk fibers, silk fabrics have the ability to retain moisture and hold water extremely well. In addition, fabrics have poor thermal expansion and electrical conductivity, so they are often designed as clothing to wear in winter or cold weather.
- Assist children’s skin from becoming irritated or developing a red rash.
- The fabric surface is very soft and breathable.
- It is durable and always creates an aesthetic for the outfit.
- The fabric will be very prone to wrinkles, which reduces the aesthetics of the garment. should be flat before use.
- The price of silk fabric is quite high.
Cotton material is derived from natural cotton fibers and is very suitable for children with sensitive skin. Cotton fabric can be used well in both rainy and sunny seasons.
This is a very popular fabric widely used in the fashion industry today with outstanding advantages such as good sweat absorption, ventilation, wear resistance, and ease of dyeing.
In addition, cotton fabric also has properties against the penetration of mold and dirt, is a source of natural materials, is safe for the skin, and does not cause allergies or rashes.
- Cotton is a natural fabric, absolutely safe for children.
- Cotton does not cause phenomena such as stickiness or charge.
- Cotton fabric is extremely absorbent and breathable, ensuring that children are always comfortable.
- Kids’ clothes are prone to wrinkles after washing.
- Cotton fabric easily picks up dirt.
Denim yarn is made from 100% cotton, but because a different weave is applied, the surface of the material is different from that of ordinary cotton fabrics.
This stage is performed in turn in three steps: cotton harvesting, ginning, and packing. The bales are divided into many small bags and passed through production. After that, the carded cotton is cut into small sections and woven on a spinning machine.
- Denim fabric has a softer surface than jeans.
- Denim fabric has good breathability and is highly hygroscopic, so children will not be uncomfortable.
- The material is very durable.
- Denim fabric, when used to sew children’s clothes, does not have good elasticity, so it should not be used to sew tight clothes.
The origin of bamboo fiber is mainly in Asia, but now it is also quite popular in European and American countries. Bamboo fiber has the characteristics of attracting mold and harmful bacteria. In addition, in the composition of bamboo fiber there are two compounds: chlorophyll and sodium copper, which have a very good deodorizing effect.
Kidswear made of bamboo fiber has the effect of preventing insects and bacteria from growing. Especially after many washes, it does not lose its antibacterial ability. Natural bamboo fiber has a smooth texture, so it will minimize friction with the user’s skin. perfect for people with sensitive skin conditions and other allergic conditions.
- The fabric surface is soft and smooth.
- very good at absorbing sweat.
- Bamboo fabric has excellent breathability.
- Bamboo fabric resists ultraviolet rays, perfectly protecting a baby’s skin.
- Bamboo is also an environmentally friendly material.
- Bamboo fabric is very expensive.
Linen fabric is woven from the fibers inside the flax plant. The fibers from the flax stem are often very sharp but are also easily damaged during harvesting, so it is necessary to apply advanced techniques and technologies in harvesting.
After the flax plants were harvested, the workers stripped them down to yarn. Usually, to be faster, they use bacteria so that they eat up the outer stem. The craftsmen take the soft yarns and separate them into long threads, then weave them into fabric.
Derived from nature, linen fabric is very safe for users. Linen has high strength, about 5.5 to 6.5 g/den. With good absorbency, this is the preferred fabric for kids’ clothing in the summer.
- Linen fabric is derived from natural fibers, so it is very safe for a baby’s skin.
- Linen does not contain harmful chemicals that directly affect children’s health.
- has good sweat absorption.
- Flax fiber is very benign and safe for most skin types.
- When sewn with durable materials, children’s clothing is also durable.
- Using kidswear fabrics made from linen also contributes a small amount to environmental protection.
- Linen fabric also has low elasticity and is prone to wrinkles.
Muslin fabric is a material also woven from natural cotton fibers and meticulously woven with hand-woven yarns. It is quite thin but has timeless durability and a smooth texture. porous, lightweight, and skin-friendly.
This material is most comfortable in hot weather. Despite its light weight, muslin has a very thick texture and a ruffled texture that creates the characteristic folds of the fabric. Muslin is an extremely light fabric with a particularly sparse weft, giving it a similar consistency to the classic gauze for kidswear.
- The muslin fabric has a rather soft surface.
- Muslin fabric has a very high breathability and is more breathable than cotton.
- because the fabric has good absorbency.
- The fabric is also highly antibacterial.
- dry very quickly.
- Kids’ clothing after washing is likely to wrinkle a lot.
7 Wool fabric
Although it has been around for a long time, wool has always been a favorite and widely used material in the fashion industry. Wool fabric is very warm, so it is used a lot in the production of kidswear for the winter, helping children fight the cold weather.
However, because the price of natural wool fabrics is very high, most consumers still use synthetic wool. Artificial wool, in terms of safety, will not be equal to natural wool, but in terms of price, acrylic wool fabric has a much lower level.
- capable of keeping the wearer warm on cold winter days by generating body heat.
- The fabric is soft and smooth, rarely wrinkled, ensuring aesthetics.
- creates a feeling of comfort, lightness, relaxation, and comfort for the wearer.
- has high elasticity, creating favorable conditions for movement.
- good moisture absorption.
- Wool fabric is quite difficult to burn and burns very slowly; it can be extinguished immediately.
- good electrical and thermal insulation, ensuring safety for users.
- good resistance to dirt because the wool fibers have created an outer coating. The wearer does not need to wash too much, saving time and effort.
- Fleece wools are very light and airy, breathable during the day, keep you warm at night, and feel comfortable to wear.
- easily lose shape if exposed to high temperatures or if washed with very hot water.
Jersey is a single-jersey woven spandex fabric that uses only a single needle to weave the fabric, and the fibers are woven in a straight line. The fabric has two clearly distinguishable left and right sides; the right side is soft and smooth, and the left side is a bit rough.
Jersey is thin, light, and very soft, making it suitable for children’s daily wear. Currently, consumers tend to prefer 4-way stretch fabrics, so manufacturers have added spandex yarn to jersey fabric to increase the elasticity of the garment.
Jersey garments are very popular for their softness, smoothness, simplicity, and suitability for all occasions. These items’ simplicity and strength always make users feel satisfied and convenient.
- Breathable fabric has excellent moisture absorption, so it will not cause a sticky phenomenon when worn in the summer.
- Jersey fabric is quite easy to handle when sewing or cutting because the fabric has very little movement; running it under the sewing machine keeps it stable and resistant to shrinkage.
- The jersey fabric is flexible and can stretch without deforming.
- The surface of the jersey fabric is smooth, silky, and thermally insulating.
- With thin fabrics such as elastic, when stretching the edge, the fabric will curl.
Cupro is a semi-synthetic fabric of regenerated cellulose fibers made from cotton fabric dissolved in a solution of ammonia and copper oxide. After cotton is harvested, the cotton fibers around the seeds of the cotton fruit are used to produce cupro.
Cupro fabric breathes like cotton and is similar to rayon. Therefore, cupro can be said to be the fiber that has the best balance between natural and synthetic.
Cupro fiber is still cellulose, so it still has great natural properties such as good breathability and sweat absorption. Cupro fabric is often used as an alternative to silk, but unlike silk, it can be machine washed. It is a hypoallergenic fabric that does not deform at high temperatures.
Besides, thanks to the special processing method, cupro yarn has a very even and circular cross-section (very rare in natural fibers), making the surface of the fabric as smooth as silk and, of course, much softer. compared to traditional cotton.
- The breathability of the fabric is as good as cotton.
- Sweat absorption is great.
- does not deform at higher temperatures than cotton
- The surface of the fabric is smooth like silk and softer than traditional cotton fabric.
- Fabric is prone to pilling.
Crepe is a fabric that uses fibers to weave, and commonly used materials are cotton, wool, and polyester combined with a weaving technique or fabric treatment to create a distinctive three-dimensional wavy texture.
The term “crepe” has become so ambiguous in the 21st century that it can apply to any number of different textured fabrics. It could even be argued that crepe fabric has lost its original meaning, which is a good thing. The new definition of crepe is more appropriate, and it encourages the use of safe, organic textiles wherever possible.
The surface of the crepe fabric is quite smooth, creating a comfortable feeling for the baby when used to sew kidswear. The fabric has a moderate drape. This fabric is perfect for making dresses or skirts for girls.
- Moderately soft
- special wavy, three-dimensional texture.
- Have the right amount of shedding
- It’s a pretty durable and lightweight fabric.
- Crepe fabric has a unique, lightweight texture that is useful in airy garments.
- Easily deformed in the face of harsh environments
- easy to get dirty
The pique fabric is a fairly sturdy fabric, with large eyes and a unique weaving technology made from 3 fibers: 5% spandex, 30% polyester, and 65% cotton. This has helped create a new, trendy effect with many different shapes. such as a triangle, square, quadrilateral, diamond, or rhombus.
Pique fabric is a special type of fabric used for making T-shirts with collars and collars for children. This type of costume is very popular with consumers because it creates a healthy and youthful feeling for the outfit.
- material that is long-lasting and does not shrink.
- Pique fabric absorbs moisture and sweat very well.
- very breathable and dries faster than products made of 100% cotton.
- The piqué fabric is more expensive than some other materials.
- The surface of the pique fabric is not smooth.
12 Ponte di Roma
Ponte di Roma is of Italian origin and is most commonly woven in the Roma region of Italy. The name “Ponte di Roma” was born because this fabric has a knit structure similar to the dome of the Roma bridge.
This type of weaving on a machine with two needles (also known as double knitting) has made the two surfaces of the fabric the same, and the body of the fabric is thick and sewn firmly. The fabric is considered to have good elasticity—neither too thick nor too thin—just enough to be able to cherish a child’s skin and be very durable.
The texture of the snow and rain fabric is extremely tight, the fabric thickness is in the mid-range segment, the longitudinal tensile strength of the fabric is usually larger than the width, and if we look at the fabric horizontally, we will see small veins emerging on the fabric. quite suitable for sewing children’s daily clothes.
due to being woven from many different fibers, such as rayon, polyester, viscose, and spandex. Therefore, the properties of the snow and rain fabric will depend on the types of fibers involved.
- feeling very comfortable. Wearing in the cold and rainy season or during the hot summer is acceptable.
- Although worn for quite a long time, the material is still almost new. neither fraying nor fraying
- The fabric has a good stretch.
- safe for skin, even sensitive skin
- not too thick, not too thin
- When worn, it does not create many wrinkles, does not stick to hair or dust, and is durable.
- The cost of Ponte di Roma fabric is relatively high.
Georgette is one of the fabrics that is considered a close relative of silk due to their similar light and airy properties. But sometimes the fabric is made from other materials, like rayon and polyester.
Georgette is a thin and silky canvas of natural origin (animal or vegetable) or can be blended with synthetic fibers to create a fabric with high strength and elasticity.
Georgette fabric has unique characteristics as it is made of twisted yarn. This twist gives the fabric a soft or elastic quality. The fabric is sheer, crisp, soft, and can be worn easily.
This is extremely necessary for baby fashion because the younger the child, the harder it is to wear clothes if the fabric and design are too sophisticated. Georgette fabric is most often used in making clothes. Create dresses, skirts, and other loose clothing.
- Georgette is a lightweight, floral, and fairly breathable fabric.
- Georgette is a very soft fabric.
- Georgette is a translucent fabric, although it is slightly lighter than chiffon.
- Silk georgette is hypoallergenic.
- The thin texture of georgette fabric makes it easy to wear.
- Georgettes made of synthetic fibers are less breathable than those made of silk.
Velvet (also known as velour) can be made from different raw materials; natural fibers are most often used, such as wool, cotton, silk, and others. Production technology is also different. This fabric is used for clothing, upholstery, car interiors, and other areas of life.
The fabric is made of thick, short velvet fibers that are placed close to each other, so when holding the fabric, it feels much heavier than chiffon or modern fabrics such as cotton, spandex, etc. It is easy to see that this fabric has a luxurious, glossy look and a very soft feel to the touch.
There are still some stereotypes that this fabric is only suitable for middle-aged people, but in fact, this fabric has a classic and modern look that is very suitable for sewing beautiful dresses for women. important occasions for girls
- extremely soft and comfortable, making it ideal for children.
- capable of keeping warm.
- extremely durable and will last a long time.
- The material does not need ironing, as it will not be crumpled.
- Velvet fabric is easy to collect dust, and when it is dusty, it is also difficult to wash because the fabric is heavy and quite bulky.
15 Final words
The production of kidswear needs more attention to quality and friendliness to children’s skin than the production of clothes for adults. Because children have extremely sensitive skin and require almost total protection in almost all environments, health should be prioritized in the design of children’s clothing.
Henry Pham (Pham Quang Anh), CEO of DONY Garment
This year, we have found that many international buyers are seeking new suppliers based in nations outside of China and Thailand to purchase many goods and products, including uniforms, workwear, reusable cloth face mask, and protective clothing.
At DONY Garment, we are proud to welcome international customers, especially those based in the US, Canada, the Middle East, and the EU market to discover the professional production line at our factory in Vietnam.
We guarantee our products are of the highest quality, at an affordable cost, and easy to transport across the world.